ATTENDANCE LINE: 335-7927
If your child is going to be absent for any reason, please call the attendance line by 8:00am. You can leave a voicemail message 24-hours a day. Include the child's name, date/time of absence, and reason for absence. If the school does not receive this notification, Ohio law requires that we contact the parents of all students who are absent unless we are notified in advance.
To pick-up assignments for your child, please call the attendance line by 9am. If you request homework, please let us know if you would like to pick it up at the end of the school day or send it home with another student. Homework can be picked up between 2:30 - 3:00.
A tardy is excused when a pre-arrangement has been made with the office for medical appointments. If you call your child in tardy, please indicate if they will be eating a school lunch or packing their lunch. If the student is out for more than two hours, that student will be marked absent for that half day period.
LEAVING SCHOOL DURING THE DAY
There are times when your child will have to leave school for a doctor's appointment, etc. For any student to leave school during the school day, the parent or responsible adult must sign the student out of school on the sign-out sheet in the office. We cannot allow students to sign themselves out of school for obvious reasons.
HOW ATTENDANCE IS FIGURED
- School is in session - 7:35 A.M.
- Student is considered tardy after - 7:35 A.M.
- Student reporting to school after 9:35 A.M. is considered 1/2 day absent.
- Students signed out for 2 or more hours will be considered 1/2 day absent.
- Student reporting to school after 12:05 P.M. or signed out from school before 9:50 A.M. is considered absent all day. To be considered present all day 4-1/2 hours of attendance is required.
- Students signed out at 12:20 P.M. or later are considered early dismissal.
- Dismissal time - 2:20 P.M.